What's the difference between a stove?

blogs: the away message of the future

Monday, November 22

bunzolator

if you are not familiar with the 'Rubber Band Man' Office Max commercial, please skip to paragraph #2. if you are lucky enough to know what I am talking about, I'll tell you that I saw Rubber Band Man live on Saturday night. for some reason, he was at the UM v MSU hockey game throwing t-shirts to the crowd between periods 1 and 2. they played his theme song, and he even had the shirts in his cool office suppply cart, complete with rear-view mirrors. it was pretty sweet.

on an unrelated topic (my favorite kind), I have recently had the song Up up up by Rose Falcon stuck in my head on and off. the funny thing is that the only time I heard that song was freshman year when Charles, Grant, and I would watch Even Stevens on Disney, and the music video would be shown at almost every commercial break. I miss those days.

additionally, I would like to comment on the comments of my fellow commenters Ruby and Aaron about the 'drama' that 'went down' at the Palace on friday 'night', er night. I think the whole situation is unfortunate and that the Pistons are cool and cool. it is really too bad that this had to happen in our city, so soon after winning the championship. I realize I know nothing about sports (though I do like hockey), but I do know a little about sportsmanship and manners. we can only hope that the rest of the country doesn't look down on all of our fans for what a select few decided to do. and I think that mr. Artest received his comeuppance (as Homer would say).

finally, last night's Simpsons ep. was terrible. just awful. did not laugh.

respectfully yours,
dG

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2004 at 9:28 PM, Blogger Rubes said...

i love that office max commercial. the 'rubber band man' is both classic and well ... classic.

"when i grow, i want to be a principal or a caterpillar" no longer. i need an office supply cart, replete with side view mirrors, an overabundance of paper clips, staplers and reams upon reams of paper. oh, a battery-operated stereo with theme music on loop is necessary as well.


don't forget to send rbm a message on his website. some stellar comments thus far:
"you got da move to groove. keep on keepin on"
"hubba-bubba rubba!"
"you are the cat's pajamas"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home