What's the difference between a stove?

blogs: the away message of the future

Saturday, June 24

hail to thee

this just in from Boulder: it hailed today. a lot.

after seeing a severe thunderstorm warning announced on TV, I began to hear the storm. I don't think I've ever seen hail this large, luckily I was inside because it was hitting the roof hard. I grabbed my camera to document nature's fury.

the sky was darkening. it started hailing harder. [that's the view out my window.]

more hail.

hail piling up on the deck.

then there was hail everywhere, and heavy rain accompanying it. the parking lots began to flood.

then a pool formed on the grass between the building and the parking lot.

hail!

the aftermath.


I recorded some audio of the storm and took a few videos. I'll try to get them online for your audio/visual pleasure.

crazy weather is fun.
-dg

update: here's the video. [apologies for it being side-wise.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home