What's the difference between a stove?

blogs: the away message of the future

Monday, May 16

I am a new tie wearing

things that are either funny/interesting/confusing or a combination thereof:

there are ads for adoption on the facebook.

"everyone of them is different; not one of them is the same"

Tiger is starting to impress me. I am writing this post via DashBlog, a Dashboard widget that posts directly to Blogger. I am, however, a bit confused about some of the other widgets I have seen on Apple's site and dashboardwidgets. many of these widgets are nothing more than branded search boxes that take you to a web page of search results for the particular site. I don't see why someone would want to switch to Dashboard, click on the appropriate search widget, and then be redirected to Safari when I could just as easily command-tab to Safari (if it isn't already running) command-L to the location bar, go to the site and find what I want (I can do all of that with the keyboard instead of a mouse-keyboard combo). I have also noted some unstable behavior on several widgets. they'll improve in time.

furthermore, RSS support in Safari has saved countless minutes each day from my news gathering routine.

have a pleasant today,
mortimer frog

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2005 at 9:33 PM, Blogger Rubes said...

you make an excellent point regarding unnecessary mouse movements. the keyboard and safari are just much easier. computing is all about efficiency... (isn't that why time-sharing was so popular in the '60s?) anyway, quick-tip:

in safari, [command] + clicking a form button (i.e. submit or search) opens the link in a new tab. [option] + [command] + clicking opens the link in a new window.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home