What's the difference between a stove?

blogs: the away message of the future

Sunday, March 13

push the button

have you ever noticed how in movies and on television, when someone becomes uncomfortable in a situation (usually at a meal [most often in a coffee shop]) they say 'I gotta go' and quickly walk out? this is ridiculous because they obviously don't have to leave, they merely want to. where is it they are fleeing off to? why doesn't anyone ever question them? this is usually the point when the leavee says something to the effect of '...[insert name of leaver]...wait, don't...' and has to make the decision of whether or not go after the leaver. correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this happens in real life.

last week I witnessed a succesful stairway pass. if you'll recall, I am opposed to people using the wrong side of a divided stairway. well, I was walking up to class and the girl in front of me must have decided that the young woman she was following wasn't moving at a sufficient rate of speed. she then moved to the oncoming stair lane (which, at that point, was devoid of traffic) and tried to pass her on the outside at the first landing. she was unsuccessful, but made the pass at the second landing. I don't really think she gained much time, but she did look like she was in a hurry. and it wasn't like class was about to start, she had at least five minutes. I'm not sure what my stance is on this type of pedestrian passing.

are there people reading this blog that I don't personally know/anyone from a different country? I'd love to know who and why. comment please.

thanx, mgt.

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2005 at 11:38 PM, Blogger Rubes said...

ich bin ein berliner.

 
At March 17, 2005 at 7:52 AM, Blogger Marten Mantel said...

Ik ben een Amsterdammer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home