What's the difference between a stove?

blogs: the away message of the future

Monday, February 7

I'm not drunk, I'm just happy

I turned 21 last Sunday. we had a party and lots of great people came, I had a great time. (I'm sorry I didn't put the pictures up earlier, but I am still waiting to get the rest from others so I can re-post them, as well as replace the red-eyed pictures with corrected versions.)

I think I need a new career path, I'm thinking of either:
a) comedian
b) automotive journalist
c) impressionist

do any of those make decent money? and, more importantly, what do I do with the mechanical engineering degree that I will most likely have in a year and a half?

I went to Bloomington this weekend. it was my second time there in three weeks. that's not normal. I had lots of fun, it was 60 degrees and beautiful! I drove home most of the way with my windows cracked open. I also found out that my car looks like the Batmobile to many people.

in reference to an earlier post regarding those people who are unable to stand on the correct side of moving walkways: what's with people using the wrong side of a two-sided stairwell? I frequently encounter people trying to go down the 'up' half of the stairs in Mason Hall, or vice-versa, when I'm going to or from my english class. yes, I'm in an english class. anyway, it really irks me to have to push by people who know they are going the wrong way. the only possible explanation is that they all hail from countries that drive on the wrong side of the road, not bloody likely if you ask me.

I have a lot to do this week and as usual lack any motivation. oh well.

sorry for the lame post,
DFG

6 Comments:

At February 8, 2005 at 8:20 PM, Blogger David said...

oh, haven't you heard? lame is the new cool. and, consequently, cool now means toothpaste.

but seriously, thanks.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have a theory on the people walking on the wrong side, but I can't really remember what it was. But it is a very funny thing to observe, when you aren't going to class. Like if you're walking down the remarkably long terminal in an airport, and you just look at the people walking on the wrong side of the very wide hall, it is very interesting. You have to wonder what is going on in their head. And its not like they just accidentally crossed over there, its a HUGE walkway.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think you should change careers, those are bad ideas for you. It would be better if you were just a bad mechanical engineer.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you say 'impressionist,' am i correct in inferring that means making fun/mimicking people for a living, not a painter? if so, that's the way to go. i'm not sure about the market for this venture, but everyone enjoys watching other people make fun of the people they know (i know-too many ambiguous pronouns). that's why america loves jon stewart so much (at least the liberals and those conservatives with a sense of humor) plus you are .. sort of ... ehh well ... kinda good at it.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 11:31 PM, Blogger David said...

I don't think I ever said I would make a bad mechanical engineer, I just don't think I would be happy doing it. more of a sad mechanical engineer.

and why are those other careers bad for me? I'd love to know.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 11:37 PM, Blogger David said...

well, Anonymous #3, if that is your real name, RUBY ROBINSON, I think I meant impersonator. we all know I would not do very well as a painter.

the thing is, I also don't know of anyone looking for someone to do impersonations for a living. let me know if you find one.

and what's with all of the comments this evening?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home